New for 2016: Talenti Peanut Butter Pretzel

If you are a religious reader of this blog, WHICH I AM SURE YOU ARE, you have noticed that Lizzy and I have not reviewed many of Talenti's new flavor and it's already half-way through the year!  I just haven't seen them anywhere.  Not at Cub. Not at Tim and Tom's. Not at Target.  Where are they?!  On one of my multiple trips to Wal-Mart in search of Ben and Jerry's Pecan Sticky Bun I finally found a few of the new Talenti flavors.  Today I have a review of Peanut Butter Pretzel. (Read Lizzy's review here.)

This flavor is 'life by peanut butter.' As in, you have not lived until you try this peanut butter gelato with real peanut butter ribbons and peanut butter covered pretzels.  And a little chocolate because why not?



Hmmmmmmm. The peanut butter base had a really interesting flavor.  It was almost ..... malty?  Yes, the base tasted like malted peanut butter.  I can't really explain this because malt isn't listed in the ingredients, but that's how I read the flavor.  I really liked it, but was not expecting it at all.  Overall, I thought the peanut butter flavor was a bit light and I definitely could have used a stronger peanut flavor.


Both the peanut butter ribbon and pretzels suffered from a problem common to Talenti: the mix-ins were quite good, but there weren't enough of them.  The peanut butter ribbon had a much stronger peanut butter flavor than the base.  When I got some ribbon, the ribbon and the base balanced quite well, and I wasn't so bothered by the light flavor of the base, but I only got ribbon about every other bite.


The pretzels were small, spherical and covered in peanut butter and chocolate.  They added a nice touch of saltiness to the flavor profile.  I got one approximately every 3 bites.  The pretzels were pretty airy and it was a bit hard to taste them against the base.  A denser, saltier pretzel would have stood up a bit better.

I'll give this flavor šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones.  Re-reading the review, it seems like I wrote negatively about a lot of the elements of the flavor, but overall it was a pretty decent and well-balanced peanut butter flavor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd