Jack Nicklaus Coffee and Donuts

Jack Nicklaus Ice Cream is a relatively new brand obviously with input from golf legend Jack Nicklaus.  Strawberry Lemonade was the first flavor I tried from this brand and I didn't really like it, however, one of our fellow ice cream instagrammers recommended I try a few other flavors from the brand including Coffee and Donuts. As it happens, Sam's Choice recently discontinued their spectacular Coffee and Donuts ice cream and I've been looking for a replacement and I thought I would test this one out!

Jack Nicklaus Coffee and Donuts is

The perfect flavor for our coffee shop lovers! Our Coffee and Donuts Ice Cream will awaken your tastes buds any time of the day or night, with a perfect mix of premium coffee-flavored ice cream, cinnamon, sugar and moist chunks of donut.



The base was a solid but not great coffee ice cream.  It was a very sweet and creamy coffee flavor.  I prefer a stronger and less sweet base ice cream, but I know there are some non-coffee-lovers (gasp!) out there who prefer a sugar- and cream-heavy coffee ice cream.


There were two distinct type of donut pieces.  One first type was larger and plainer, but plainer does not necessarily mean worse.  They were quite doughy and chewy, a necessary element for a donut ice cream!  There were also smaller pieces coated in crunchy cinnamon sugar.


I wish there was only one kind of doughnut that was both doughy and cinnamon-y.

I'll give this 🍦🍦/4 cones.  It was solid and very cheap, but not outstanding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd