McConnell's Fine Ice Cream Mint Chip

Sorry, Dearest Readers, but every once in a while I have a life outside of being an ice cream blogger. It's really unfortunate. When I have to do a lot of these other things, you know, like working or seeing my friends, sometimes I get a bit behind on reviews. After being on a research trip, visiting friends in LA, and going to a wedding in STL, I've gotten a bit behind on reviews! So be prepared for an onslaught the next couple of days.



First up in this review backlog is a review of McConnell's Mint Chip. Madeline and I only tried McConnell's for the first time this past winter break after finding some at a fancy shmancy grocery store in STL. They are a California brand that I haven't been able to find any of in Iowa. So while I was in California, I knew I had to pick some up and give another flavor a try. The grocery store near where I was staying only had a couple of flavors and the most exciting one was Mint Chip.



The description of this flavor is A McC's classic among classics. Fresh peppermint infused into our insanely creamy mix of fresh, Central Coast, grass-fed milk and cream and organic cage-free eggs, then mated to Guittard bittersweet chocolate.



So Guittard is a California company that has been making chocolate for 145 years. And the chocolate chips really were awesome. There were lots and lots of them of varying sizes. Some were small little flakes and others were thicker chunks, all of irregular sizes. They were bitter, but smooth, and just enough sweet. Their bitter flavor was a nice balance to the relatively sweet base. The base had a nice peppermint flavor, that was strong but not too strong, that was also quite sweet. I'm glad the peppermint flavor of the base wasn't too strong and wasn't too sweet, because overpowering peppermint can get cloying and annoying.



All in all, McConnell's did a great job with this classic flavor. The best part was the large amount of chocolate. This flavor gets šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd