Sam's Choice Coconut Almond Fudge

Do you guys watch the TV show Bob's Burgers?  Do you know that sound Tina Belcher makes best translated to text as "uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh." That sound is the aural equivalent of how this ice cream made me feel.  Until now I have absolutely loved every Sam's Choice ice cream I have tried, so I thought this one would be no different.  Also, I absolutely love a good coconut, almond, and fudge combo (get at me Mounds Bars!) so I was doubly excited for this ice cream.  This flavor is

Coconut ice cream with roasted almond pieces, coconut, and chocolate flavored flakes.


This ice cream wasn't bad or gross, it was just bland.  Things started out well as I caught the aroma of warm coconut wafting from the pint.  Unfortunately that taste did not translate to the base.  I really had to concentrate to be able to say that, yes, this was indeed coconut ice cream.

The roasted almonds and chocolate flakes were similarly tasteless.  There were tons of both mix-ins giving the ice cream a great texture, but neither really had much flavor.


I'll end things here because there wasn't much to taste and therefore not much to review.

I give this 🍦.5/4 stars.  It wasn't terrible, but I feel no need to try it again, and I would definitely passing and checking out one of the other Sam's Choice flavors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd