Dairy Queen June Blizzard of the Month: Cotton Candy

Dairy Queen's Cotton Candy Blizzard has a substantial fan base, and DQ brings the flavor back every once in a while.  I missed last year the last time it was a Blizzard of the Month.  I think DQ has had this on the menu more recently for some sort of promotion, but I missed it then too so this is actually my FIRST time trying the fan-favorite Cotton Candy Blizzard!  This Blizzard is

Cotton candy and sprinkles blended with creamy vanilla soft serve.

In the past I've bemoaned Dairy Queen using only Vanilla soft-serve as a Blizzard base, but it works really well here.  The point of cotton candy ice cream is to be tooth-achingly sweet, and the vanilla ice cream definitely helps the Cotton Candy Blizzard reach that objective.


I thought the use of both cotton candy and sprinkles was really interesting.  There were enough of both to really infuse the Blizzard with cotton candy flavor the whole way through.  The cotton candy pieces had the delightful grainy and delicate texture of cotton candy, but was a bit denser; I imagine so as not to dissolve in the ice cream.

The sprinkles were quite interesting.  The sprinkles used were round quin sprinkles (I had to google 'types of sprinkles' to find out what these were called).  Some of them held their shape, but some melted down into a gooey mini-swirl which gave the Blizzard some added texture.

I'll give this Blizzard 🍦🍦.5/4 stars.  I can definitely see why it has such a big fan base, but I personally prefer Blizzard's with a bigger variety of mix-ins.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd