Sam's Choice Mint Bark Moose Tracks

You know at Big Muddy, we always try to give the people what they want. And it seems like you all want more reviews of Sam's Choice ice cream. Almost all of our reviews of Sam's Choice ice cream get about twice the number of views as our other reviews. So when I was coming home and my mom asked what I needed from the grocery store, I obviously asked her to pick up some Sam's Choice!



When I first saw this flavor in the freezer I thought it looked totally weird. I always thought that Moose Tracks referred to the little peanut butter cups in those flavors. So mint and peanut butter? Well, Moose Tracks is actually the fudge, which made me way more excited about this flavor. Because, as you might now, the fudge in those Moose Tracks flavors are the bomb! Also exciting news that Moose Tracks is partnering with Sam's Choice to make some stellar, but affordable ice cream! The other Sam's Choice flavor with Moose Tracks is just a traditional Moose Tracks flavor.



This flavor is described as Mint flavored ice cream with mint bark and Famous Moose Tracks Fudge.

So, I was super pumped for both fudge and mint bark. The fudge totally did not disappoint. Moose tracks fudge is hard and crunch, but also melts to smooth in your mouth. It is definitely the richest fudge you can get in ice cream, and is unique since it isn't a liquid.



There was a lot of it, but it was only around the edges of the pint. Fine if you are going to scoop yourself some into a bowl, like I did, but odd if you were going to eat it straight from the container. The mint bark on the other hand, was more disappointing.

There were only a few mint bark pieces that were bigger that this guy.


I didn't even notice them until I was halfway through my serving. The pieces were very small and there were not a lot of them. When I did find a slightly bigger one I noticed it added a bit more of a punch of mint flavor, but I wanted more! Lastly, the base was solid for something in this price point, but nothing crazy. It was more on the peppermint side of the flavor spectrum, but mostly a generic mint. It wasn't too strong, but as well saw with Empowermint, a strong peppermint/mint flavor can be cloying, and this did avoid that issue.



All in all, this was good, but not Sam's Choice best. šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd