Baskin Robbins Oreo Birthday Cake

BLOGGER FAIL! Wow Madeline and I have been ice cream blogging for over two years now and neither of us have reviewed ANY Baskin Robbins flavors. Granted, we all know that Baskin Robbins is a giant chain that's not really at the forefront of ice cream innovations, but they are such a big player, they do deserve to be reviewed.



Granted, I don't know if there is a Baskin Robbins around where I live now. However, this past Sunday I was in the Southwest Terminal of the St. Louis airport and just craving a treat. I decided to peek at the Baskin Robbins menu, just for shits and giggles. When I saw the Flavor of the Month was Oreo Birthday Cake, I thought that was pretty exciting and just had to get some! However, I can find nothing on the Baskin Robbins website about this flavor, so I make no promises that you will be able to find it at your BR location!

There was also no description of this flavor, but to me it seemed like a chocolate base with Oreo cookie pieces, sprinkles, and an icing swirl.



First, I kind of liked that this flavor was cake inspired without having cake batter or cake pieces, just a nice to see something different. The chocolate base was solid, sweet and not too rich, just a nice background for everything else that is going on in this flavor. The Oreo cookie pieces were large and there were lots of them. They were also moist and delicious. The sprinkles mostly added some fun texture and colors, with little pops of extra sweetness. The best part about this ice cream was the icing swirl. The icing was more like what you find on a glazed donut than what is used on cake, but I still enjoyed it. It was more solid than liquid, and very thick. There was just enough of it to really get that icing flavor, but not so much that it was overwhelmingly sweet!

Look at these two giant hunks of frosting!


I'm honestly surprised this flavor is as good as it was! I'm not sure if it can be bought in stores, but if so I would definitely buy it again. But I probably wouldn't make a trip all the way to a Baskin Robbins scoop shop just to get it again. šŸ¦šŸ¦.5/4 stars!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd