Yogurtland

So while I was conducting research in California I ate a lot of delicious local ice cream and had a blast. However, when I'm potentially publishing my research I'm probably not disclosing my research site. So, I decided, to protect the people I worked with, not to write reviews of those ice cream shops in case some random creeper decided to hard core stalk me to try to figure out where I did research.

And while it was very disappointing to eat all that delicious ice cream and not be able to review it, I did get so froyo at a California-wide chain, Yogurtland, so I can totally tell all of you all about it! I'm sure many of you may think my 8-step froyo shop review process is a bit excessive, but I'm just trying to keep you, Dearest Readers, as informed about frozen dessert issues as possible!



Here are my 8 steps I go through when reviewing a froyo shop!
1) The variety of flavors: is there a good selection?
2) The flavor of my choices.
3) The quality of the combination of my choices.
4) The texture of the froyo.
5) The variety of the toppings
6) Quality of the toppings.
7) How well my toppings coordinated with my froyo flavors.
8) Overall experience!

1) YES! There were quite a few super exciting flavors that I didn't pick (but I did sample) like red velvet cupcake and bomb pop sorbet, which did taste exactly like a bomb pop!

2) I picked pistachio, toasted coconut, and pecan praline. I started off with the pistachio, because I don't eat pistachio desserts nearly often enough, and then just decided to follow through the nut theme. The pistachio was good, but on the sweet side. The toasted coconut was also quite sweet, and I didn't get much toasted vibe. The pecan praline, was caramelly, sweet, and nutty. I think it was my favorite of the bunch!

Froyo pre-toppings so you can see the colors!


3) I basically knocked it out of the park here. All flavors had a round nuttiness that tied them together, but they were each different enough and complimented each other well!

4) The texture of this froyo was pretty good. It was creamy, but almost too soft and melty for my liking!

5) There were a ton of different toppings and lots of unique ones! Nuts, cereal, candy, fruit were standard. They also had 4 different kinds of fruit sauces, and 4 desserty sauces! The best part were their unique big chunk toppings like
Nom truffles.
...



6) ...dark chocolate truffles, coconut macaroons, and even lychee fruit! In addition to those toppings I got some mochi, gummy worms, white and dark chocolate chips and peanut butter sauce because nuts! The dark chocolate truffles were deliciously bitter and soft. The peanut butter sauce was very sweet and strongly flavored. It almost over powered some of the froyo flavors and was too liquidy for my tastes. The macaroons did a great job of adding a bit more coconut umph to the light tasting coconut froyo. Lastly, the lychee probably came from a can and were not as tasty as fresh lychee, kind of disappointing, because lychee are my favorite fruit ever.

7) I already talked a bit about this above, but I have one other note. Don't get too carried away with large chunk toppings. A couple are okay, but too many don't mix in well with the froyo and interrupt the eating experience! I definitely made this mistake with this froyo creation.

8) Overall, pretty good flavors, and fun and unique toppings earns this shop šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones! I would definitely go back next time I am in California!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd