Luna & Larry's Organic Coconut Bliss Ginger Cookie Caramel

Thank goodness for hippie California. I'm traveling right now, and needed some groceries, so stopped by the grocery store closest to where I'm staying. The ice cream selection wasn't necessarily that exciting in this store, except for the Coconut Bliss selection!  They had a whole, long row of Coconut Bliss flavors, and a bunch I had never seen before. Only in California can you find great beaches, a bunch of unvaccinated children, and lots of vegan ice cream options. What a fabulous combination. and by fabulous I mean beaches and ice cream are great and unvaccinated children terrify me. After agonizing over the decision for a while, I picked the Ginger Cookie Caramel flavor, because I had heard good things about it and I love ginger cookies.



This flavor is described as Spicy Cookies and Creamy Caramel in Rich Vanilla.



The first look upon opening the pint was pretty WOW. I saw SEVEN different cookies chunks and a light, this caramel swirl. My first bite tasted pretty strongly of the coconut milk base, but as I kept eating, that flavor faded and the vanilla became more prominent. I think this is pretty typical of the Coconut Bliss experience. Also, this is the softest Coconut Bliss's texture has ever been for me. It was almost fluffy, and very creamy. None of the hard/iciness that you sometimes get with dairy-free flavors. I think this is partially because the freezer I stored this in isn't very cold? But definitely let your dairy free ice creams soften a bit before you eat them. Really, the texture of this flavor was hardly different from regular ice cream.

That was the most swirl in the whole pint.


The ginger cookies are not only vegan, but gluten-free. I personally don't give a shit about gluten-free, but if you do (like probably many California hippies do), you're safe with this flavor. They were also the bomb. The were soooo soft, moist and chewy. They were just spicy enough to tickle your nose, but sweet enough that they still felt like a decadent dessert. There were also lots of them throughout the pint. Their diameter was just under that of a quarter. I think they are the best ginger cookie, in or out of ice cream, I've ever had. The one minor disappointment about this flavor was the caramel swirl. There was just not a ton of it. It was very thin and didn't add much caramel flavor.

There was also, as you can see, a bit of an unfilled section of my pint. :(


All in all, I really really really really enjoyed this flavor. Seriously these cookies were perfect. The texture was perfect. Like I'm not even upset about the lack of caramel swirl. But because it was so lackluster, I just can't give this flavor 4 cones. Regardless, with šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦.5/4 cones, this flavor is in the running for best vegan flavor of the year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd