Steve's Southern Banana Pudding

There's nothing I like more than a redemption story, and Southern Banana Pudding is Steve's!  I recently ate and reviewed Steve's Blackberry Crumble and really disliked it.  At the same time I bought this ice cream I also bought Steve's Southern Banana Pudding described as

A Southern classic reimagined.  Honey-coated vanilla wafers layered in fresh banana ice cream made with grass-fed milk and cream finished off with a swirl of banana cream pudding.  A perfect flavor to share - or not share - with family around the supper table.



Sorry fam, you're not getting any of this!  It was so, so much better than the Blackberry Crumble.  The base still had the same slightly hard and slightly chewy texture as Blackberry Crumble, but it worked well with the banana flavor.  This is honestly one of the best banana ice creams I've ever had.  I'm not a fan of banana ice cream in general, but really like it when it is done well.  Steve's uses only banana puree and no banana extract in their base which I think helps it avoid a cloying and overripe flavor that banana ice creams sometimes have.


There were enough wafer pieces to get at least one every two bites.  They were one the bigger side and had a softer texture than 'Nilla Wafers.  Maybe the texture of milk- or pudding-soaked 'Nilla Wafers, which is perfectly appropriate!  The honey coating was gave just a hint of added sweetness that nicely complemented the banana base.

Banana Pudding!

At first I thought it might be banana overkill to have a banana pudding in a banana ice cream, but I was so wrong.  The banana pudding was more strongly flavored than the base giving things a nice punch of flavor.  Also, it was much, much thicker than the base as well as very smooth and creamy.

I'm giving this 🍦🍦🍦.5/4 stars.  It was amazing, but not 'I need this in my nuclear fallout shelter' amazing hence 3.5 instead of 4 cones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd