Ben and Jerry's Mint Chocolate Cookie

It's time to take a step back from all of the *new*new*new* I've been posting lately and review the classic Ben and Jerry's flavor Mint Chocolate Cookie.  Don't worry though, I have reviews of the June Blizzard of the Month and a couple new (but now several months old) Talenti flavors.

Mint Chocolate Cookie is

Peppermint ice cream with chocolate sandwich cookies.



When I found Empower Mint, my grocery store was having a sale on Ben and Jerry's pints, so I wanted to pick up another flavor, and thought it would be nice to pick up another mint flavor to compare.  Chocolate Peppermint Crunch is well known as an AMAZING flavor, so I decided to go with a less popular mint option to see how it stacked up.


Mint Chocolate crunch, like Empower Mint, uses a peppermint base; however it is quite tasty here where as in Empower Mint the peppermint was overwhelming.  Unfortunately, aside from the base, there just wasn't much going on.

The chocolate sandwich cookies took on a slightly weird texture and to me felt and tasted more like Andes mints than Oreos.  This wasn't necessarily a bad thing, just not what I was expecting.  The peppermint base was strong enough that it really overpowered the mild chocolate of the cookies.


I really think Ben and Jerry's should be able to pull of a stellar mint cookies and cream flavor, but this was not it.

I'm giving it šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 stars mostly on the strength of the base.  It would make an excellent base for a peppermint and chocolate themed sundae, but is pretty boring on its own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd