Haagen-Dazs Mango

I've officially tried all of the Haagen-Dazs Destination Series flavors!! Hooray! I love completing lists, it's just so satisfying.  My last (but not least!) flavor in this line is Mango, described as

Our ode to the tropical flavors of South America combines sweet mango ice cream and slices of juicy mango for a simply perfect treat.


Mangos are very sweet, often to the point that I think they are too sweet.  They also have a bit of a sharpness or acidity that really amplifies the sweetness.  I was expecting to be able to eat only a small amount of this ice cream before it got too sweet, but I was pleasantly surprised.  The base of this ice cream was to mangos what orange dreamsicles are to oranges.  It was light and sweet, but the sweetness wasn't overwhelming because the dairy element balanced it out.  Also, the mango flavor was prevalent but not in-your-face.


The mango pieces were a bit smaller than a dime and I got one every other bite or so.  These had a really nice texture.  They had a nice squishiness and juiciness.  Unfortunately, they didn't have a particularly strong flavor.  I was hoping these would give a pop of MANGO flavor, but it wasn't as vibrant as I was expecting.

I'm giving this 🍦🍦.5/4 stars.  The base was good and the mix-ins had a nice texture but needed more flavor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd