Talenti Peanut Butter Pretzel

This post is a review of Talenti's Peanut Butter Pretzel aka my pre-pre-Boston Marathon ice cream. To have a good race (more on whether or not that happened in a later post), you shouldn't really change too much about your routine leading up to the big day. So yes, when Brett and I went grocery shopping, we picked up ice cream. I grabbed Talenti's Peanut Butter Pretzel because I haven't seen that flavor around any Iowa stores yet. My grocery stores have gotten all the new Ben & Jerry's and Haagen-Dazs flavors, finally, but not all of the new Talenti ones yet. This is the first of their new (I guess really only new-ish) flavors I'm reviewing! Also finally I am getting to a new flavor before Madeline did. HA! Take that.



This flavor is described as This flavor is "life by peanut butter." As in, you have not lived until you try this peanut butter gelato with real peanut butter ribbons and peanut butter covered pretzels. And a little chocolate because why not?



I'll start with the base. It was sweet, but not so sweet that it didn't actually taste like peanut. There was a touch of salt, but I might have wanted a bit more. The pretzels were also not quite salty enough but super crunchy and awesome. They were covered in dark chocolate, and the bitter chocolate balanced out the sweet base nicely. They were on the small size, roughly the size of the smallest knuckle of my pinky finger. I didn't notice them being coated in peanut butter. The chocolate and all the other peanut butter flavors drowned that out, but that wasn't a big deal.



While the base and the pretzels were great, I was disappointed by the swirl. For some reason I frequently manage to grab bum Talenti pints. The last Talenti flavor I reviewed was Salted Peanut Caramel and I got like ZERO caramel swirl. I got some peanut butter ribbon in this flavor, but not nearly as much as I would like. I hope it was simply that I got a bad pint and my pint is representative of this flavor. The swirl was great, super peanutty and extra sweet. The texture was so creamy and smooth, yet dense. It really brought the flavor up a notch. Just bummed I only got some of the swirl in the second half of the pint.



I'll give this flavor šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones, which means I would buy it again. It was good, but I'm mostly giving it this ranking because I want to sample another pint with hopefully more ribbon!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd