Edy's Rolo

Whooooaaaaaaa dudes! I haven't reviewed an Edy's flavor in a looooooong time.  I heard rumors of a new frozen custard flavor so I went searching for it.  While I didn't find the new custard I was looking for, I couldn't resist taking home a container of Edy's Rolo, a new flavor for the brand.  Rolos are one of my favorite candies.  This ice cream is described as

Rich and creamy vanilla ice cream with a caramel swirl and mini Rolo candy pieces.



I had forgotten how soft Edy's ice cream is.  Like a fluffy down pillow!  The vanilla base was lightly flavored.  It was also very, very sweet without crossing into cloyingly sweet territory.


The caramel swirls were very interesting.  They were also lightly flavored, but the caramel/vanilla combination tasted exactly like one of those cheap (but delicious!) cake cones.  My poor taste buds were so confused.

Obviously the mini Rolos were great.  There were plenty of them, I got at least one every bite, sometimes two or three in one bite.


I really felt like this flavor needed something more punchy.  Like a stronger vanilla base or stronger caramel swirl.  Or a chocolate swirl or fudge chunks.  It was good, but just lacking some oomph.  I give this 🍦🍦/4 cones meaning I wouldn't buy it again, but would eat it if someone gave it to me for free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd