Talenti Simply Strawberry

Talenti Simply Strawberry gelato is one of their flavors that is inexplicably hard to find.  I just don't get it.  Along with chocolate and vanilla, strawberry is one of what I think of as the 'big 3' ice cream flavors.  Luckily, I scooped up a pint on a recent trip to Tim and Tom's Speedy Market, because where else would I find hard-to-locate ice creams?  This gelato is

Simply, we fold juicy strawberries into fresh milk, sugar and cream to make a taste that is refreshingly uncomplicated.


Honestly, I didn't like this gelato that much.  It was bordering on cloyingly sweet.  If there's an equivalent word to 'cloying' in reference to dairy, this gelato was that word as well.

The first bite was great, and gave me false hopes for the rest of the pint.   There was a nice strong and sweet strawberry flavor followed by creamy dairy.  Unfortunately, as I made my way through the pint, the sweetness  intensified and the creaminess became overwhelming.  I really don't like strawberry milk and found this flavor slightly sickening in the way strawberry milk is slightly sickening.


This flavor really needed something acidic to help balance out the flavor.  Even having larger strawberry chunks (there weren't really any chunks to speak of) would have been enough.  A hint of balsamic vinegar also would have done this trick.

If you like strawberry milk this might be the strawberry gelato for you, otherwise I would pass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd