New-to-me brand alert: NadaMoo! Cookies and Creme

I recently found the brand NadaMoo! through Instagram and thought their branding was really cut. They make non-dairy, coconut frozen dessert.  I learned that my local Whole Foods recently started carrying the brand so I made a trip and picked up Cookies and Creme.  This flavor is

Everyone's favorite flavor is now gluten free, but still just as crunchy! Blended with sweet creme, your taste buds will never guess you're eating a non-dairy dessert.



Sorry, NadaMoo! but my taste buds were definitely discerning enough to guess I was eating a non-dairy dessert.  You inherently have to have a cream or sweet cream base for cookies and cream ice cream, and I just don't think it's the most appropriate flavor for non-dairy frozen dessert.  I mean, how can you replicate a cream base?  Either the base flavor (coconut, almond, cashew, etc ....) is too prominent or the base is too flavorless.  The NadaMoo! base had a slight undertone of coconut, but was pretty flavorless.


Not all was lost with this flavor; the cookies were great!  I am totally drawing a blank on what type of cookies these remind me of.  They were hard, crunchy  and not very sweet (like Biscoff), and they totally have a name and I can't think of it! Argh!  Kind of like the cookie part of an Oreo, but less sweet and with higher quality chocolate.


Even though I only give this ice cream šŸ¦/4 cones (meaning I wouldn't eat it again) I'm willing to give NadaMoo! another try to see if some of their more coconut-appropriate flavors are any good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd