Cold Stone: Not So Vanilla

Okay Dearest Readers, get ready for what may be one of the best posts of all time. Yesterday, I walked to Cold Stone with my friends and fellow Anthropology graduate students, Emma, Charlie, and Scott. We decided to get ice cream there because the Math graduate students at Iowa were holding a fundraiser! And what could be better than eating ice cream while supporting fellow graduate students? Nothing! 

I decided to get the Not So Vanilla, a new Cold Stone Creation. And while you will see that this creation was absolutely delicious, it might have been a bit of a mistake to order it. You see, the math graduate students were making the creations for the fundraiser. As they are not Cold Stone employees, they were having a hard enough time making all of the creations normally on the menu, and then I asked them to make a new one! They must have little descriptions of each creation posted behind the counter for employees to read, but they did not seem to have them for the new creations. There were just signs on the counter advertising them to customers. So I read the description of this creation to the grad student making my ice cream. There were a couple of there humorous moments of grad students trying to serve ice cream when the person serving my friend, Emma, was confused that she just wanted plain sorbet with no mix-ins! 

I was super hungry, so when I was told I would it was Waffle Wednesday so get a free waffle bowl if I got the Love it Size, I was like yesss!


But in the end we all got what we wanted and it was delicious. The Not So Vanilla creation is described as Sea Salt Vanilla Bean Ice Cream complements the mixture of Caramel, Fudge, and TAKE 5 Candy Bar pieces. 

Now, mini-rant about salted caramel. Why? Well I know you're tired of hearing about how I'm tired of salted caramel, but salted caramel has also stolen the stage from other salted desserts. Like salted dark chocolate. Or the Salted Oreo ice cream I got from Little Man's in Denver. Or salted vanilla like this creation at Cold Stone! 

So beautiful 


Which, by the way was awesome. I've gotta give props to Cold Stone for trying this unique base. It was great. I think it would taste awesome with lots of different combos of mix-ins. And the sweet caramel and fudge sauces in this creation worked superbly with the base. The base was quite salty, and that blended nicely with the sauces. I also got a perfect amount of the sauces so no one flavor, vanilla, chocolate, or caramel, dominated the others. The TAKE 5 pieces added texture and crunch, and a touch of extra salty flavor from the pretzels in those. 

All in all, I loved this unique creation from Cold Stone. I would love to see more places take on a salted vanilla flavor and I would love to try this base with different combos of mix-ins! This creation gets šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦.5/4 stars!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd