New Orleans Ice Cream Company Ponchatoula Strawberry

Mmk folks, this is going to be a short and sweet review! But first, for those of us that aren't super familiar with Louisiana, what in the heck is a Ponchatoula strawberry? Well, Ponchatoula is a small city in Louisiana that is called the "strawberry capital of the world." There is a major strawberry festival there every year which is the largest event in the state behind Mardi Gras!



The description of this flavor is A Smooth & Creamy Strawberry Ice Cream Bursting with The Freshest Ponchatoula Strawberries.



This wasn't the most strawberry-y flavored strawberry ice cream I'd ever eaten. But I wouldn't say this was a bad thing. This flavor was more going for a strawberries and cream vibe, and here they executed well. The best part about this flavor was the buttermilk. It's not listed in the description, but if you peak at the ingredients, you'll see buttermilk listed. The slight tanginess that the buttermilk added made this flavor extra fresh tasting. Like you're right on the farm! The worst part about this flavor was the lack of strawberry chunks. From the description, you would think there would be tons. However, they were few and far between and small. However, from the bits I got, they seemed sweet and juicy, so I was bummed there weren't more.



I also mixed this flavor with the Lemon + Basil SnoSpice and it was the sweet, fruity, tangy, basil-y bomb!



Overall, I'll give this flavor šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones. It was good, but not spectacular. If I could think of a plain strawberry flavor I liked better I would only give this 2 cones, but I can't! So gotta give New Orleans some props for making a great strawberry flavor in an otherwise thin market.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd