Ben and Jerry's S'mores

Seems like I'm on a kick of older Ben and Jerry's flavors lately.  As with Boston Cream Pie, which I recently reviewed here, I have had Ben and Jerry's S'mores but never reviewed it.  This ice cream is described as

Chocolate ice cream with fudge chunks, toasted marshmallow, and graham cracker swirls.



Honestly, for 95% of the pint, if you would have told me this was a chocolate ice cream with fudge flakes and nothing else I would have believed you.  Then graham swirls just didn't stand out against the base, and there wasn't much of the marshmallow swirl.


The base itself was fantastic.  It seemed a bit darker and richer than the chocolate base in some other Ben and Jerry's flavors.  The fudge flakes added a slightly more bitter element to the overall chocolate flavor profile.

The marshmallow swirl was amazing, there just wasn't very much of it.  I think I got three mouthfuls in the half pint I ate. (I had to share this flavor with Kyle. Lame. Just kidding. Kind of.)  The swirl tasted of marshmallow fluff and had a lovely resistant, almost springy and sticky texture.


As I said before, I couldn't taste the graham swirls.

I'm torn about whether to give this 1 or 2 cones.  As a S'mores ice cream, it's pretty much a failure, but it's a decent enough chocolate ice cream, that if someone gave me some for free I would totally eat it.  Therefore this earns 🍦🍦/4 cones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd