Haagen-Dazs Toasted Sesame Brittle

When Haagen-Dazs announced the flavors in their new Destination Series, they all sounded really good, but Toasted Sesame Brittle was the only one that sounded truly unique and adventurous, so it's obviously the one I tried first.  From the Haagen-Dazs website,

In this asian inspired recipe, we collaborated with the small batch artisans at Morning Glory Confections and blended toasted sesame ice cream with the delightful crunch of honey cardamom sesame brittle pieces.  The result is a uniquely delicate indulgence with a sweet, clean and perfectly balanced flavor.


Lizzy and I actually picked this up a couple weeks ago when she was visiting for spring break and had a few bites of it.  I wasn't blown away by those first bites I tried, but my opinion changed drastically once I got around to digging into an entire bowl.  This stuff is. DA. BOMB.

The base had a very light toasted sesame flavor.  I would have to agree with the official description; the flavor was very clean.  There was also a slight buttery flavor to the base that complemented the toasted sesame perfectly.


The toasted sesame brittle gave bold and bright punches of flavor.  The bits ranged in size anywhere from as small as 3 sesame seeds to as large as quarter-inch balls.  I liked the variation in sizes because the small chunks and large chunks drastically changed the flavor profile of the ice cream.  The smaller chunks blended with the base to enhance the sesame flavor.  The intense flavor of the larger chunks subsumed the base flavor.


The larger chunks were very hard and crunchy.  If you've ever had a brittle you'll know the type of crunchy I'm talking about.  In the larger chunks I got primary flavors of cardamom and sesame, followed by a strong honey flavor and finished with an intense toasty flavor. (Lol, toasty flavor, that's not even a thing.)  All of these flavors were very intense.  I don't know that I would be able to eat a lot of this sesame brittle on its own, but the base mellowed it out to the point that the intensity was exquisitely enjoyable.

I can't wait to try the rest of the flavors in this line! I only hope they can live up to Toasted Sesame Brittle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd