Picco: Raspberry Chip and Coconut Chip

The post you've all been waiting for! You've probably been wondering what ice cream I ate the day before the Boston Marathon. Brett and I decided to go back to Picco, which we visited last time I was in Boston, because it was so good! When we went and met up with my friends Lizzie and Naomi, Picco was super crowded, as was just about every restaurant in the Boston area. So we order our ice cream from the counter to-go and walked around Boston Commons with it!

There were lots of tasty flavors being offered that day, and most of them ones that I didn't try last time. I've been in a coconut mood lately (mostly eating coconut curries and other coconut desserts) so I went with the coconut chip. Also spring means time for awesome fruity flavors, so I decided on raspberry chip!

So pretty!


The base of coconut chip was strongly coconut flavored and quite sweet! As Brett described Picco's ice cream, "their flavors are what they say they are!" Picco's flavors are anything crazy complicated. However, they always deliver quite a punch of strong flavor! The raspberry was pretty tart, but I've had more tart raspberry bases. But the base was still really strongly raspberry flavored. Maybe a better way to describe it would be dense! High flavor density that's for sure!

So many chips!


Lastly, the chocolate chips were AMAZING. They were thin and brittle and there were TONS of them. Not so much that they took away from the base, but enough that you could really appreciate the tasty chocolate even though each individuals flake was thin. They were made out of really dark, bitter chocolate, which melded nicely with both the sweet, nutty coconut, and the sweet, tangy, and fruity raspberry.

I also tried a bit of the Cinnamon flavor, which my friend Lizzie got and it was some of the strongest and spiciest cinnamon flavor I've ever had!

All in all, I would give these flavors šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones! Simple but delicious. I seriously love Picco!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd