Haagen-Dazs Vanilla, Tangerine, and Shortbread

Vanilla, Tangerine, and Shortbread is the second flavor of Haagen-Dazs' new Destination Series that I've managed to get my hands on.  I think this is the only ice cream I've ever tried involving a tangerine element.  This is described as

Collaborating with the small batch artisans at Rare Bird Preserves, we swirl creamy vanilla ice  cream with ribbons of sweet-tart tangerine curd and buttery shortbread cookies for an especially delightful treat reminiscent of teatime in the UK.



Awwwwwwwwww! This ice cream is reminiscent of teatime in the UK! How cute!

I had two very different experiences with this ice cream.  The first serving, I thought the vanilla flavor really overwhelmed the other flavors.  There weren't that many chunks of shortbread, and the ones that were there were crunchy and hard.  Also, the flavor of the tangerine curd was very light and almost completely masked by the vanilla base.  This was super disappointing as I absolutely LOVE fruit curds.


The second half of the pint was like a completely different flavor.  I don't know if it was because I was expecting the vanilla from the base, but it didn't taste so overwhelmingly of vanilla.  There were tons of shortbread cookie pieces.  Some were hard and crunchy like those in the top half of the pint, but most were soft and dense and moist.  The tangerine curd was wonderful.  It was a very light flavor; the perfect balance of sweetness and tangy citrus.  I just wish the swirls were thicker!


I give this 🍦🍦/4 cones.  I probably wouldn't buy it again, but would be pretty excited if someone offered it to me for free.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd