Ben & Jerry's Cake My Day

Once again, I'm totally behind. Madeline does such a good job at bringing you all the new flavors as they come out. But I'm always off in ice cream la la land (this time around ice cream la la land was reviewing the NOLA shipment) and it takes me a while to review new flavors. So for those of you that aren't already bored by Ben & Jerry's Cake My Day, read on.



This limited batch flavor is described as Vanilla Cake Batter Ice Cream with Vanilla Cake Pieces, Buttercream Frosting & Raspberry Swirl,




Now, like Madeline, I'm not the biggest fan of cake. Obviously my favorite dessert is ice cream, and after that it would have to be cookies, brownies, pie, cupcakes, then cake. Not that I would say no to a free piece of cake, but it is so easy for cake to be bad. Like bad cookies are still good, but bad cake is bad. However, lots of people were saying great things about this flavor, so I was stoked to try it.



I'll start with the base. Vanilla cake batter is super unique and specific for a base. Not vanilla, not cake batter, not vanilla and cake batter, but vanilla cake batter. However, this base was awesome. Cake batter on its own can be a bit overwhelmingly sweet. The vanilla flavor, however, made this a much more pleasant variation on cake batter. This is possibly the best cake batter base I've had.



The vanilla cake pieces were equally amazing. They were similar in flavor to the base, except without the batter flavor. They were incredibly moist, and a medium density. They were smaller than your standard Ben & Jerry's chunk and not a ton of them, but there was so much going on in this flavor, I didn't miss having more of them



The best parts of this flavor were the swirls. The raspberry swirl was more sweet than tangy, but the tanginess still added some nice variation to this overall sweet flavor. The frosting swirls was also out of this world. Frosting is quite polarizing for people. Some people love it, others hate it, and most are very particular about what kinds they like or don't like. For me, I love frosting, and the more buttercreamy you make it, I love it even more. This frosting was super thick, buttery, and sweet; high quality stuff. There was a lot of both swirls and they really are what made this an outstanding cake flavor that sets itself apart from other, more boring cake or cake batter flavors.

Last note. Madeline and I are starting a new ranking system. An ice cream will get up to four cones. One cone means, I would never eat this again. Two means, I would eat this again if given to me for free. Three means, I would buy this again. Four means, I need to stock up on this flavor in case it ever gets discontinued!
I'm going to give Ben & Jerry's Cake My Day: šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦  4/4 cones!!




Comments

  1. I miss this flavor… was just thinking about it and looked it up. Your description made me feel like it was 2016 and I was eating it again. I agree it was 4/4 and hope someday they bring it back!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd