Luna & Larry's Organic Coconut Bliss Cappuccino

I am super excited to write this review. Months ago I had my first flavor from Luna & Larry's and loved it. After I wrote my review about the flavor, I was contacted by someone form Luna & Larry's and they sent me two coupons for free Luna & Larry's products. As soon as the coupons arrived I rushed right out and used one to get this pint for free! However, a few days later I was bombarded with a shipment of New Orleans ice cream. In the midst of trying those flavors, trying the new Ben & Jerry's and Talenti's, this flavor got a bit lost in the back of my freezer. But, when I finally got around to trying this flavor, I loved it!



This flavor is a plain cappuccino flavored base. Upon first bite, I tasted coconut a bit more than coffee. But as I kept eating the coconut flavor faded a bit and the coffee flavor got stronger. In total my friend, James, explained the flavor experience best when he said it tasted like a coconut flavored coffee. Not the strongest coffee flavor ever, but a nice coconutty cappuccino!




Also, when it comes to Luna & Larry's you NEED to let these ice creams temper a bit. If you eat them right when you pull them out of the freezer the texture will be hard and on the icy/not creamy side. Or maybe icy isn't the right word. For those of you that eat dairy free ice cream a lot, if you don't let it soften a bit it scoops out in kind of rectangular chunks. There needs to be a word for this phenomena, alas.



But if you let it soften, the texture is much creamier. And when it got a bit melty it was frothy, which added to the cappuccino vibe. Lastly, the ground coffee beans added a nice bit of texture and extra coffee-flavor punch!



I'm torn on what rating to give this. It was a solid flavor, but not amazing. It would make a great base for a dairy-free sundae. I'm going to totally cheat and give this šŸ¦šŸ¦.5/4 cones! the .5 is mostly because I loved the ground coffee beans. I look forward to trying more Luna & Larry's products!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd