New for 2016: Talenti Chocolate Sorbetto

Earlier this year I tried Sweet Science's Dark Chocolate Sorbet.  A few days later I found out Chocolate Sorbet was one of Talenti's new 2016 flavors.  I was obviously excited to try this and compare to the Sweet Science version, and  I finally managed to get my hands on a pint.  This sorbetto is described as

We took everything we loved about our deepest chocolate gelato and took out the milk.  Turns out, chocolate is pretty amazing on its own in this super-smooth, low-fat cocoa sorbetto.



I'll review this sorbet on it's own and then give some comparisons to Sweet Science.

The texture of this sorbet was awesome.  It was very fluffy and soft, bordering on mousse-like, yet still dense enough to feel decadent.


Often chocolate sorbets/sorbettos taste like straight-up cocoa powder because there is no dairy to smooth and mellow things out.  Talenti mostly avoided this issue.  The chocolate was very rich and dark without being bitter, and only had a hint of cocoa powder flavor.  For the longest time I couldn't figure out what the texture/taste combo reminded me of, and then it finally hit me! A fudge pop! But if a fudge pop was made out of higher quality dark chocolate.

I think this sorbetto struck the perfect balance between being decadent and being refreshing.


In a battle between Sweet Science Dark Chocolate Sorbet and Talenti Chocolate Sorbetto, I think Sweet Science just barely edges out Talenti.  The chocolate in the Sweet Science was darker and richer, and that is the deciding factor for me.  However, I think I prefer the lighter, almost squishy texture of the Talenti.  At the time, the texture of the Sweet Science sorbet didn't feel icy, but comparing the two, it was definitely icier than the Talenti.


Of course, if you don't live in the Twin Cities or don't want to pay $10 for a pint of sorbet, Talenti's got you covered with a great new flavor!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd