Heyn's Cake Batter and Brownie Batter Ice Cream

This semester is flying by at quite a terrifying rate. I can hardly believe it is already spring break, which has more to do with the fact I've done very little work on my final papers than anything else... However, I recently realized it was MARCH and I hadn't yet been to Heyn's this semester. But don't worry, I haven't fallen off the horse with respect to my goal to try every Heyn's flavor before I graduate. Last weekend, I got to check two more flavors off the list when I went to Heyn's with my friend, Tarah, a dessert lover who hadn't tried Heyn's yet!



There were a lot of flavors I was thinking about, but Brownie Batter caught my eye, because it was advertised as a rotating special flavor. I'd better try it while I had the chance! Heyn's also has a cake batter flavor I've seen a few times and hadn't tried. I figured, go batter or go home.



I was surprised that both of these flavors were plain base flavors. From what I've tried of Heyn's they do a lot of big crazy mix-ins and swirls. I figured there would be cake or brownie pieces or frosting swirls or something, but I kept an open mind.



Both of these flavors were solid. The brownie batter was very chocolatey and milky. It almost tasted like brownie batter and melted chocolate chips. The batter flavor was present, but I would say the chocolate flavor was more prominent. The cake batter tasted exactly like batter for a yellow cake. The batter flavor for both of these wasn't too strong. Sometimes cake or batter inspired ice cream have really overpowering flavors that I don't like, but these were tasty and on the mild side.

I think the color of this ice cream is very pretty!


At Heyn's in addition to just getting scoops of ice cream, you can also get a sundae made with any of their flavors or get toppings. I've never considered either of those options before since so many of their flavors have so much going on. But both cake batter and brownie batter were such solid flavors, I think they would make great bases for sundaes or toppins.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd