Dairy Queen March Blizzard of the Month: Grasshopper Mousse Pie

Because St. Patrick's day is in March, of course Dairy Queen's Blizzard of the month is green.  Grasshopper Mousse pie is

Cool mint, graham pie crumbles, choco chunks, and whipped topping blended with creamy vanilla soft serve.

I nearly had by Blizzard Treat stolen from under my nose, and I should have taken this as a warning not to try Dairy Queen's March Blizzard of the Month.  When I went to Dairy Queen, there was a fairly long line, so after I ordered I went to stand close to the back of the store to be out of the way.  When I heard my order called up I made my way to the front to receive my Blizzard, but some other girl had her hand on my treat! Like, bitch, do you think they skipped eveeerrryyyoooonnnee standing in line to make your Blizzard?  No.  They did not.  Step away from the Blizzard.  (Do not get between me and my ice cream.  I will call you a bitch.)

This photo looks like it was just taken in bad lighting, but it wasn't.  The ice cream just looks that gross.  Like, it's not even a color.

I should have just let the girl take it because this Blizzard was disgusting.  First of all, my blizzard was not the appetizing spring green shown in promotional pictures.  The green mint and brown graham pieces combined to make an unappetizing baby puke green Blizzard.  But, even ugly ice cream can be tasty, so I didn't let it's appearance slow me down.  The DQ worker also did not add whipped cream to the top as in the promotional images.  Fine, whatever, I would have liked whipped cream, but I can live without it.

I got past these initial barriers for nothing. The mint flavor was gross.  I don't know if you drink mint tea, but I do.  Sometimes, if you leave the mint to steep in the tea for too long, the leaves start to give off this weird, rubbery, over-ripe taste and smell.  That is what this blizzard tasted like.  Mint, but mint that had been steeped for too long.  Also, the combo of the mint and vanilla was very weird.  The cool flavor of the mint did not mix well with the warm flavor of the vanilla.

The graham pieces and chocolate chunks were great, but they were not enough to make up for the abominable mint flavor.

I would pass on this month's featured flavor and go for a Blizzard off of their stellar main menu.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd