Blue Bunny Blu's Birthday Party

I must have been in a party mood at the grocery store because I picked up both Blue Bunny Peanut Butter Party (review here) and Blue Bunny Blu's Birthday Party. PARTY TIME!

Blu's Birthday Party is

Cake and frosting flavored ice cream with cake pieces and confetti shaped candies.



My first impression of this ice cream is BLUE! The base is a really, really crazy bright blue. The batter flavor of the base was very good with maybe a hint of artificial sweetness, but the addition of frosting ice cream made the base way too sweet.  I think this flavor would have been way better with just a cake base.  As with peanut butter party, the base could have been denser, but was pretty on par with other Premium ice creams.


The cake pieces were quite large, approximately one cubic inch (god, I'm such a nerd). I got one approximately every three bites, which was definitely enough due to their size.  So, I'm a five year old at heart and therefore anything with rainbow sprinkles excited me.  That may or may not be the reason I decided to try this flavor.  The rainbow sprinkles definitely lived up to my expectations.  They were a bit bigger than typical sprinkles, but this meant that they held their own against the strong base flavor.


This was a fun flavor, but there are better cake ice creams out there, and overall the base was too sweet, so I'm giving this 🍦🍦/4 cones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd