Blue Bunny Mocha Me Hoppy

Mocha Me Happy is the third and final in my series of Blue Bunny reviews. (But it's not the last Blue Bunny flavor I'll ever review!)

I'll be honest, when I first spied this flavor I wasn't too excited about it, but I picked it up because I knew my boyfriend Kyle would like the flavor.  He's a fan of chocolate, chocolate peanut butter, coffee, and other ice creams of that ilk, and sometimes he gets a bit grumbly that I often buy ice cream that he doesn't like.  Every once in a while I make sure to pick up something I know he will eat.  It wasn't until I had some of the ice cream and went back to read the description that I got really excited about this flavor.  Mocha Me Hoppy is

Coffee ice cream with hazelnut flavored mocha coffee swirl and cake pieces.





The coffee base was very creamy and sweet, but this was appropriate as Blue Bunny is going for a mocha flavor rather than a coffee flavor here.  As with other Blue Bunny flavors, the base ice cream could have been creamier, but this is standard with Premium ice creams.



The mocha/chocolate/hazelnut swirl was amazeballs. If they sold this stuff on its own it would be more popular than Nutella.  And by more popular than Nutella, I mean I would singlehandedly buy more of this than the world buys Nutella.  The swirl was very thick and heavier on the chocolate and coffee than on the hazelnut, but I really liked this balance.  There was enough hazelnut that you could taste it, but it let the coffee and chocolate stand out, sticking with the mocha theme.


All right, hold on, let me talk about the cake pieces for a minute. LET ME TALK ABOUT THE CAKE PIECES FOR A MINUTE. So, these cake pieces are huge.  Like 1 cubic inch huge. And so dense and chewy. I know this isn't a coffee and doughnuts flavor, but these cake pieces are more like doughnut than they are like cake.  After Sam's Choice discontinued their superb Coffee and Donuts flavor, there's a hole in the mid-priced Coffee and Donuts ice cream market, and I feel like Blue Bunny could easily step in to fill this hole.

I'm giving this ice cream šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones! Superb!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd