New Orleans Ice Cream Company Vanilla Bean

It is hard to believe that I am so close to trying every single flavor in the New Orleans line up (minus their season flavors, which by the way I REALLY want to try, especially Nectar Soda). The only other brand I've ever been able to say this about is Ben & Jerry's, but that quest started well before I became an ice cream blogger. Every time you try every flavor in a brand's line up do you level up as an ice cream eater?



Anyway, I have this review and then one more NOLA flavor, and that will be all of them! I really enjoyed trying all of these flavors and I am super thankful to New Orleans Ice Cream Co for sending me all of their flavors!

The description of this flavor isn't exactly a description of the flavor of the ice cream so much, but what more do you really need to say about Vanilla Bean other than "vanilla bean"? The description reads, A Classic Ice Cream Flavor Crafted With The Finest & Freshest Natural Ingredients. It's Simply Delicious.



Well, seeing as I'm an ice cream blogger, I do actually have much more to say about this flavor than just "vanilla bean." The first of which is "vanilla extract." Yep, NOLA is not giving us 100% vanilla bean flavored ice cream here, they use vanilla extract, as well. Madeline is not at all a fan of vanilla extract and complains of the alcoholic flavor it gives to ice creams. I'm not sure my palette is as sophisticated as hers, and vanilla extract doesn't usually bother me. But here, I wasn't totally a fan. It feels like NOLA was just trying to cram as much vanilla flavor as possible into the ice cream, to the point that it was a bit overpowering. And I felt like I could taste the alcohol of the extract there was so much of it. While I didn't love eating this ice cream plain, it did work well with toppings.



Now, I haven't had a plain vanilla ice cream in a long time, so I could be underrating this, but I just really didn't enjoy it all that much. If you're really into vanilla, it's probably worth spending the money, but for me I would probably only eat it again with toppings. So šŸ¦.5/4 cones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd