Coconut Bliss Coconut Almond in Chocolate Bars

So you may remember that a looong time ago I received two coupons for free Coconut Bliss products. I used one of them to buy a pint of the cappuccino ice cream and used the other to buy these bars. They've been sitting in my freezer quite along time, but I'm slowly and surely making my way through my ice cream stock and got to these guys this past week. I definitely don't eat as many ice cream bars and other treats as I should, but I feel like summer is the perfect time for the. So I was excited to try this vegan version of a classic summer treat. Now I just need to go play in a sprinkler and I'll be set.



The description of these bars is Creamy coconut with an almond crunch, dipped in organic fair trade chocolate.



Man, this is what coconut milk ice cream was made for. This is basically like an almond joy in vegan ice cream form. The chocolate was amazing, it was dark, but still smooth. However, it could have been a little thicker. There was a touch of vanilla in the ice cream, but it mostly just had a mellow coconut flavor.



I think dark chocolate and coconut work fabulously together, as they did here. The texture of the base also worked well in bar form. Like, yes, this isn't dairy ice cream, but there is enough going on, that you're less likely to notice in bar form. The almonds added nice crunch, but they were so small they didn't add much flavor.  Lastly, coming in at 300 calories, vegan ice cream doesn't mean skimpy!



A big downer about these bars is their price. At over $5 a box, I would only buy these again if they were on sale! Luckily I got these ones for free. All in all, šŸ¦šŸ¦.5/4 cones!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd