Chocolate Shoppe: Exhausted Parent

I love shoppes. After 24 years of life, I'm still not entirely sure what the difference is between a shop and shoppe, but I do know that pronouncing the extra "p" and "e" makes you way more annoying. Which is always my goal.



Anyway, Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream is a rather popular ice cream brand out of Madison, Wisconsin. There are Chocolate Shoppes in Madison and other scoop shops around the Midwest sell the brand. My new roommate just moved to Iowa City from Madison, and knowing I wrote and ice cream blog, brought me some Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream all the way from Madison! (Best roommate ever or best roommate ever?)



The flavor he brought is called Exhausted Parent and is described as Bourbon-spiked espresso ice cream swirled with bittersweet chocolate chunks.



While this ice cream sounds delicious, if having children induces one to drink bourbon with a shot of espresso out of necessity not enjoyment, then I'll pass. Also, would that even taste good? Granted this is not the question we are answering today. We're answering, does it taste good in ice cream form? YES. This ice cream was good. The base tasted much more like bourbon than it did of espresso. The coffee flavor was underneath there, but the bourbon dominated. This ice cream had quite the alcohol burn! It was almost a little too intense for me, but the chocolate chips helped tone it down. The chocolate chips were perfectly dark with just enough sweetness. Their texture was smooth and not brittle at all. There were lots of chocolate chips, but the pieces were little. However, I preferred that to bigger chunks, because then the chocolate flavor was infused in every bite. Lastly, I can't really comment about the texture of this ice cream. Because it was actually driven to me all the way from Madison, it got a bit melty and then refrozen in our fridge. I did think the texture was good, creamy with a medium amount of air, but I don't know what it would be like fresh from the shop or store.


All in all, I enjoyed this flavor, though I would have liked a stronger coffee presence in the base. šŸ¦šŸ¦.5/4 cones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd