Yotopia: Honey Lavender and Tart

Man, what a crazy week this has been. I've done a lot of going out with friends, because that's the life of a graduate student in the summer! Take advantage of the free time while you've got it. And by free time I simply mean a schedule even more flexible than normal, but just let me pretend that the Netflixing and going out I've been doing is warranted. However, not a lot of my going out has involved ice cream eating, so I feel like my reviews have been coming a little slowly as of late. Luckily, one night this past week included going to Yotopia after getting dinner with some friends! The main purpose of this trip was to convince one of my friends that Yotopia is way better than Aspen Leaf. I got quite a few eye rolls as I expounded upon the wonders of the local dairy and no powdered mixes used to make Yotopia's froyo, but then again, the taste of Yotopia's froyo speaks quite nicely for itself.

It's a little heart breaking that they misspelled "lavender."


A flavor I haven't seen before at Yotopia, Honey Lavender, caught my eye and I thought it would pair nicely with the plain Tart. Toppings were a little difficult to decide on with this cobmo, but I thought vanilla toppings and fruit might do well, so I went with strawberries, coconut, vanilla wafer cookies, and the cupcake middles from Molly's cupcakes (aka the coolest topping at Yotopia!).



The honey lavender was great. I didn't really pick up a distinct honey flavor, but just a general sweetness. The lavender, on the other hand, was very prominent. It was floral and wonderful, and there was even a hint of a spiciness of some kind? I would definitely recommend this froyo to those skeptical of lavender desserts; the sweetness made this more approachable than some more intense lavender ice creams I've had.

The honey lavender was a nice, light purple color.


The tart was also very good. I don't frequently get the tart flavor at other froyo shops, so I can't really compare it to anything. But it had the signature tanginess of yogurt, almost to the level of greek yogurt. The tart blended very nicely with the floral sweetness of the honey lavender and all the sweetness of the vanilla-y toppings.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised how well this unique combination of flavors worked together. I'm going to give Honey Lavender šŸ¦šŸ¦.5/4 cones, because I would have liked a more distinct honey flavor. The tart gets šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones. It was definitely good if tart froyo is your thing!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd