Blue Bunny Peanut Butter Party

In my last post I mentioned the weird place I'm in with ice cream right now.  It's hard to buy ice cream at the grocery store because I've tried all of 2016's new flavors, as well as most Ben and Jerry's, Haagen-Dazs, and Talenti flavors. This led me to pick up a couple of Blue Bunny flavors.  The first I tried was Peanut Butter Party, described as

Peanut butter ice cream, fudge and peanut butter swirls, and peanut butter cups.


Lately I've been bothered by a few ice cream flavors that had a lot of elements but didn't really have a cohesive theme.  Peanut Butter Party was very busy but had cohesion.

The peanut butter base was one of the best I've ever had. It reminded me of a peanut butter pie - peanut butter-y, but with an extra hint of cream cheese richness.  It could have used a touch of salt, but the peanut butter swirl provided some of this, so the omission didn't bother me too much.


The fudge sauce tasted like plain old Hershey's fudge sauce (although I'm sure it wasn't actually Hershey's), but that was perfect for this flavor.  There was enough fudge flavor, but it was unassuming and let the peanut butter take the spotlight.  The peanut butter swirl had a good texture - a bit crunchy, but melted in your mouth. It was a slightly more intense peanut butter than the base and was also a bit saltier.

The peanut butter cups were definitely a nice way to top things off. They gave an another hint of chocolate and added some much-needed texture to the flavor.


The texture was ok, but not great. It was creamy, but could have been much denser.  Blue Bunny is Premium, rather than Super Premium, ice cream, and this is pretty par for the course for Premium ice creams.

Overall this was a pretty enjoyable flavor and I'm giving it 🍦🍦.5/4 cones!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd