Sam's Choice Peanut Butter Chocolate

A week or so ago I reviewed Sam's Choice Blackberry Crumble.  It had been about a year since I tried a Sam's Choice flavor, and swore that I wouldn't wait so long for the next flavor.  I didn't wait a whole year, but it was a bit of an accident.  One of my friends recommended a Salted Caramel flavor from a different Wal-Mart brand, so I headed over to pick up a container, but they were completely out! I guess people really like it, which is a good sign for me when I finally get my hands on it.

Instead I picked up two Sam's Choice flavors, a Wal-Mart exclusive Ben and Jerry's flavor and a seasonal Ben and Jerry's flavor.  Thank god for self-checkout!

I broke open the Sam's Choice Peanut Butter Chocolate first.  This is

Chocolate ice cream with peanut butter ripple and peanut butter cup pieces.


The chocolate base was a milk chocolate base.  It was a bit icy, and definitely could have had a stronger chocolate flavor.

In most cases, a mediocre base flavor makes for a mediocre experience, bet the peanut butter ripple and the peanut butter cup pieces more than made up for the so-so chocolate base.  The ripple was huge and thick.  Some chunks were at least 1.5in square.  The ripple started off brittle, but as the ice cream warmed up it became smooth and gooey.  It was also very salty, but without being overwhelming.


The peanut butter cups were some of the best I've had in ice cream.  The chocolate outside was sweeter and more chocolatey than the base.  The peanut butter inside was sweeter than the peanut butter ripple.

The moral of the story is, if you shop and Wal-Mart and haven't tried any of the Sam's Choice ice cream, pick up a quart on your next trip!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd