Ben and Jerry's Pumpkin Cheescake (Seasonal)

Alert! Alert! Alert! I have the first pumpkin flavor of the season! It's only half-way through September! Summer is not officially over! What is wrong with the world! I feel like summer and I have a kind of 'Rose and Jack from Titanic' thing going on right now:

Summer/Rose: Don't worry, I'll never let you go!

Me/Jack: Oh, thank fuck!

Summer/Rose: JK, bitches!

Me/Jack.  Dammit.  I am now frozen to death.

I mean, Kate Winslet, what a bitch.  Was anyone else obsessed with Leo when they were in 4th grade when Titanic came out?
Although I'm currently having an "oh my god summer cannot possibly be over and school cannot possibly have started and fall products cannot possibly be on shelves" crisis/panic, my sadness is slightly mitigated because I love pumpkin-flavored things.  I just wish fall was not the only time to get them.  LONG LIVE SUMMER!

Now that my little breakdown is over, I have a review of my first of (hopefully) many pumpkin-flavored ice creams.  Last year I looked and looked for Ben and Jerry's Pumpkin Cheesecake flavor.  I think our Cub never had it in stock, and by the time I looked at Wal-Mart and Target it was gone.  This year, I snatched it up the first chance I got.  This flavor is

Pumpkin cheesecake ice cream with a graham cracker swirl.



I was a bit apprehensive about this flavor because I wasn't a huge fan of the Strawberry Cheesecake flavor, which I recently tried for the first time.  My fears were unwarranted because this flavor was amazing.


The pumpkin cheesecake base tasted like delicately spiced pumpkin pie.  I could taste the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, etc, but the flavor did not depend on the spices.  The enhanced the rich, sweet, nutty flavor of pumpkin.  There was also a bit of a cream cheese taste, making this truly a pumpkin cheesecake base.


The graham swirl was divine.  I'm sure it was the same as in the Strawberry Cheesecake, but I liked it so much better here.  The swirl was a lovely combination of gooey and grainy.  Also, it was a bit salty, which contrasted nicely with the sweetness and spice of the base.

While there are many pumpkin flavors out there left to review, if you need an early-fall pumpkin fix, this flavor is a good bet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd