Haagen-Dazs Orchard Peach Sorbet

Alright, Haagen-Dazs Sorbet, it is about time we met. A while ago Haagen-Dazs sent Madeline 6 coupons for free pints and she so generously sent me 3 of them. I have been working my way through them slowly, because I keep getting "$1 off two pints" coupons from HyVee. So with all the Haagen-Dazs craziness going on in my life, I decided it was about time to try some Haagen-Dazs sorbet.



I wish so hard that sorbet was healthy. Like if sorbet was frozen fruitiness and not totally packed with sugar, I would eat sorbet all day every day. However, sorbet has so much sugar and I usually spend my daily sugar allowance on ice cream. I've got to remember to give sorbet its moment more often.



The description of this flavor reads Succulent, ripe summer peaches shine in this delicate and delectable sorbet.


Okay folks, when was the last time you had a canned peach? This sorbet reminded me of canned peaches. However, I feel like a lot of people associate canned fruit with low quality. This can (pun intended) definitely be true. But good canned peaches are delicious. The syrups or juice is light and adds the right amount of extra sweetness. The peaches are not so soggy and you can actually believe at one point they grew on a tree. When you get canned peaches like this, they are the perfect fruity and desserty and refreshing snack! This is what this sorbet was to me. Sweeter than an actual peach but not cloying, a bit tart, and refreshing. Like when you grab a peach and bite into it and it is at its peak of ripeness and juice dribbles all over your face. Except without the dribbling or the biting and a bit colder.



The texture of this sorbet was also good. It wasn't icy and it didn't get exceedingly watery when it melted. It was on the harder side of sorbet texture, as opposed to my experience with Talenti Roman Raspberry. You had to work a bit to get your spoon through and when the sorbet was still quite frozen it almost crumbled as you pushed your spoon through. But I don't think this is bad, only different. (Which I am coming to realize is frequently my opinion with frozen dessert textures; I like them unless they are totally cheap or artificial).

All in all, I'm sorry sorbet. You deserve more attention than I give you. You are delicious. Peaches are delicious. The End.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd