Haagen-Dazs Zesty Lemon Sorbet

After the popularity of my last review of a Haagen-Dazs sorbet, I decided to review another. I also keep getting more and more Haagen-Dazs coupons from HyVee, so I keep buying more and more Haagen-Dazs. (Next time I go grocery shopping I'm going to a different store. I can no longer tolerate these coupons boxing in my ice cream choices).



I'm bummed out my HyVee didn't carry the mango flavor, which was recommended to me by a friend.

This sorbet is described as Juicy, sun-ripened lemons are selected to create this refreshingly tart yet sweet sorbet.



As I opened the container, my first thought was "This looks like a lemon slushy." And I do think the color and appearance of the texture resemble lemon slushies or frozen lemonades. Flavor-wise, this sorbet tasted like a slightly more tart version of a lemon a frozen lemonade. Like I'm thinking of the Minute Maid frozen lemonades you can get at ballparks or fairs? In my opinion, those products don't taste too much like real lemons. They taste a bit tart and sweet and citrus-y, but not specifically like lemon. This sorbet was more tart than those frozen lemonades, but didn't necessarily taste any more like real lemons. The texture was great; dense and not watery, like the other Haagen-Dazs sorbet I've had.



All in all, if you are craving something lemon-frozen-slush-like, this sorbet wasn't quite good enough to make it worth significantly more money than a gas station slushy. If you are looking for sorbet, go with the Haagen-Dazs Orchard Peach!




Comments

  1. What happened to the lemon sorbet by HƤagen-Dazs?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd