Culinary Circle Colossal Cookie Dough

The last few Culinary Circle flavors I tried were stellar, so I was excited to try their take on cookie dough ice cream.  This flavor is

Vanilla ice cream with cookie dough pieces and chocolaty chunks.



This flavor was ok, but not phenomenal.  I should have expected this because the flavor has a vanilla base.  There are very few vanilla bases out there that are truly amazing.  The first thing I experienced here was the distinct, brash and harsh flavor of vanilla extract.  Womp womp.  The ice cream also had an unnaturally bleached white color.

The chocolate chunks were neither here nor there; passable, but standard.  They were small, crunchy and frequent enough to get some in each bite.

The real standout was the cookie dough.  This was on par with some of the best cookie dough mix-ins I've ever had.  The chunks were monstrous: spherical with diameter about the diameter of a quarter.  They were quite soft and chewy and gooey, but also grainy like real cookie dough.  I could taste brown sugar and butter.

CHUNK!

The chunks alone were not enough to totally redeem this flavor, but I enjoyed them nonetheless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd