Three Twins: Milk Coffee

Three Twins is not doing anything to help themselves convince me that my father does not own this company. The second flavor I picked up while at Whole Foods this past weekend was Milk Coffee. My dad loves coffee, but that isn't the whole reason this flavor reminds me of him. I'll get to that in a bit.




This flavor is described as All's Fair and Delicious in This Smooth, Caffeinated Gem.

First, I would not describe the texture of this ice cream as smooth. It got smooth as it melted, obviously, but at first it was definitely a bit crumbly. Also, just like with Lemon Cookie, you can tell this ice cream doesn't have the highest fat content ever, it was not the creamiest.

Weird cracks and crumbles


However, the flavor was awesome. I honestly expected this to have way less of a strong coffee than it did. It tasted exactly like I remember "kid coffee" tasting. "Kid coffee" was a very bad idea my parents had. As children, every once in a while as a treat, my parents would give Madeline I coffee. Granted about half of it was milk and there was a lot of sugar added, but they still gave us coffee.  Like wut. Why. This does not seem like it was a smart idea. Also why did they call it "kid coffee"??? Like normal adults take their coffee with milk and sugar and they still get plenty caffeinated. However, I LOVED kid coffee and this flavor instantly transported me back to that.



Of all the coffee or coffee-esque ice creams I have had, this one tasted the most like just coffee. It seriously tasted just like coffee with a splash of milk and a healthy dose of sugar. Which in my opinion is what really good coffee ice cream should taste like. It didn't get me super jazzed or buzzed, but I do have quite a high tolerance for caffeine. I was, however, a little tired when I started eating this ice cream and didn't really feel tired after. So I would not recommend eating this flavor at night if you have a low tolerance for caffeine. Yes I am giving you an excuse to eat ice cream for breakfast, if you didn't have one already. You can thank me later.




Comments

  1. And, of course, my favorite B & J flavor back in the days of the Burlington, VT gas station was "Mocha, Mocha Chip." I buy coffee ice cream whenever it is available, but something about St. Louis, it just doesn't show up in the grocery stores very often. Boo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd