Talenti Black Cherry or Why Friends are Lovely Creatures

Last weekend it was in the 70s (not snowing like Tuesday. The 21st. I mean, c'mon April! What the hell!) and a I had a lovely afternoon helping a friend move and then throwing a frisbee around.  After this we went back to a friends house for a rousing game of Settlers of Catan.  While there, my friend Alex mentioned that he had a pint of Talenti's Black Cherry that he was not fond of, and was wondering if I wanted it.  I obviously took him up on his offer.  I mean, my number one rule to live a happy life is to take as much free ice cream as you can as often as you can.

Talenti describes this as "Simple, classic, sweet-cream gelato blended with pieces of tart black cherries. Made with fresh milk, cream and hints of vanilla and lemon, this gelato tastes like you've got your priorities right."



So, here's the review.  First, I have to commend Talenti on the quality of their product. I took this home on the bus, giving it about 40 minutes to melt before I put it in my freezer.  Despite this, it was still the wonderful, standard, creamy Talenti texture.



Now, the flavor.  The cream flavor was very prominent in this pint, and I think a more accurate flavor description would be Black Cherries and Cream.  So if you are not a fan of (fill in the fruit)-and-cream, this is not the flavor for you.  I do like these types of flavors, but I wish that either flavor description was more accurate or it was more black cherry flavored.



If I can move past the name/flavor discrepancy this was a pretty tasty pint of gelato.  The base flavor was mainly cream, but there was a hint of black cherry there.  Almost like a cherry-flavored whipped cream. The main cherry flavor comes from the mixed-in black cherries.  They are huge, juicy, half-cherries and there are tons of them.  So so many.  Unlike many cherries mixed into ice cream that get shriveled and seem kind of thin, the cherries here maintain there shape and thickness.  The flavor is not as bright and sweet as a cherry pie or cherry compote.  Instead it's a bit of a deeper, darker flavor.

Although I liked the favor, it was very rich for a fruit-flavored gelato, and as such, I felt like it could have benefited from a mix-in such as dark chocolate to round out the flavor profile a bit.

Thanks friends for a great pint!

Comments

  1. If you are looking for the right place from where you can buy black cherry gelato online then you have come to the right place. Now you don’t have to waste your time and energy looking from where to buy black cherry gelato. At 420 pro medical store you will get all those products which you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd