Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter Ice Cream

Hello friends! I, too, promise that I am not dead. I haven't been eating a ton of ice cream or writing reviews because I am off doing my summer research. I've been very busy with that, and a lot of my research takes place in the evening when I'm normally eating ice cream. While I've been satisfying my dessert stomach with plenty of donuts, instead, that means you, Dearest Reader, haven't been getting very many reviews. But have no fear, you obviously have one coming to you right now! My research is in a city a bit bigger than Iowa City that luckily has a Trader Joe's!! So while the Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter Ice Cream has been out forever, I haven't lived in a city with a Trader Joe's for a while. As a lover of all things cookie butter, I've been wanting to try this flavor forever and yay I finally got an opportunity!



This flavor is a vanilla base, speculoos cookie pieces, and a cookie butter swirl.

Okay to start, the base of this flavor wasn't particularly vanilla-y. It seemed to be ore of a background for the rest of the flavors. However, the base was surprisingly creamy. It had quite a lot of air, so it was soft, but there was definitely a good fat content. The cookie pieces were rather small, but there were lots of them. They were also soft. I'm usually a fan of softer cookie pieces in ice cream, but with smaller pieces, I think crunchy would be the way to go. Also, the swirl was softer, so I would have liked more textural variation. The swirl was very smooth and soft, and had a strong cookie butter flavor. Where I got swirl, it was thick, but there was really not much of the swirl. Also, no part of this ice cream was particularly spicy. I really like a good spicy, flavorful cookie butter, and this more sweet than anything else. At the end of the day Trader Joe's is a more of a value brand/store in my opinion, but they deliver good stuff for the prices. A quart of this stuff is about $5.



I definitely enjoyed this ice cream while I ate it, but as I'm writing about it, I'm realizing there is quite a bit of room for improvement. Thus I'll give this flavor šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd