Kemps Yo2 Mudslide Frozen Yogurt

Sometime while I was on my ice cream blogging sabbatical, my local HyVee started carrying a lot more Kemps brand products. I knew Madeline really enjoyed a lot of the Yo2 frozen yogurt line, so I decided to give a couple flavors a try. Side note: what does "Yo2" mean??? I picked up Mudslide, because it sounded intriguing and I was craving coffee at the moment. Just kidding, I'm always craving coffee.



This flavor is described as Chocolate and Coffee Frozen Yogurt Swirled with Cookies, Fudge & Chocolatey Chunks.



I have a lot of feelings about this flavor, almost all of them positive. They can be summed up by: how is a froyo from a regional brand this good?! I seriously apologize to all non-Midwestern readers. The chocolate and coffee bases balanced perfectly; one was not more prominent than the other. On their own, both froyo flavors were strong and rich, but still sweet. The fudge is the best part of this pint. It is a solid swirl and seriously sosososo rich. It comes in big chunks and can get overwhelming at times. The chocolate cookies were on the small side, but added just enough soft and chewy texture to make things interesting. There were not very many chocolatey chunks, but they weren't really needed. They were crunchy, but there was enough textural variety without them. Each of these elements on their own was great, and this was the kind of ice cream that is greater than the sum of it's parts.



I agree with Madeline, this should be served in a container larger than pints. You don't need to eat more of it in one sitting, but a larger container would let you really get a taste of each component. šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦.5/4 cones!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd