Gelato Fiasco Strawberry

Hello friends! Last summer while traveling I brought you reviews of Gelato Fiasco's Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk and Maine Wild Blueberry Crisp. The Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk was THE best gelato I ate last year and the second best flavor of any kind of frozen dessert I tried in 2016. Since I was back on the East Coast I definitely wanted to try another Gelato Fiasco flavor.  The color of this strawberry flavor, the cute pink, caught my eye in the grocery store so I picked it up.



This flavor is described on the Gelato Fiasco website as Simple and smooth, strawberries are combined with a touch of lemon juice and our fresh cream base for a silky and fruity gelato.

The taste of this flavor matched the color. The color was a light pink and the gelato was sweet and fruity. It was definitely made with high quality real strawberries, no artificial flavoring here. I didn't notice the lemon, but this flavor was both fresh and fruity tasting, while also creamy. I'm betting the lemon was how the two were balanced together. I enjoyed every bite of this flavor, but with only small strawberry bits and no big strawberry chunks, I would pair this with another flavor or add some toppings. Texture-wise, gelato fiasco doesn't have the silkiest gelato, but they master the light, but creamy combo.



At about $6 a pint, this flavor is good for a once in a while indulgence, but other GF flavors are better and there are better for your value strawberry ice creams. 🍦🍦.5/4, I would only buy it again if it was on sale.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd