Blue Bunny Cookies 'N Cream Bunny Snacks

Because it's only Tuesday and I'm already having a crappy week, I'm going to start this review with a complaint. These are called Cookies 'N Cream Bunny Snacks. Now, what's wrong with that? There should be two apostrophes! In transforming "and" to "n," there are two places where letters are removed, necessitating two apostrophes! Dearest readers, I'm having that kind ofweek.

The Cookies 'N' Cream Bunny Snacks are chocolate cookie layered with cookies 'n cream reduced fat ice cream enrobed in white confectionary coating with chocolate cookie pieces. These would have been great if they hadn't been geared toward the 'low-fat' crowd, but alas, they fell into many of the same traps as other low-fat ice cream.


My biggest complaint is that the ice cream and shell tasted a bit oily and waxy, respectively. Does substituting oil products for dairy products in ice cream lower the fat content and calorie count? Doing a totally unscientific review of sample size, like, 2, I find that most low fat ice creams feature skim milk but not oil. Whatever the cause, I wanted a more flavorful, richer, creamier ice cream.


The shell also needed a richer flavor. Good confectionary coating tastes like chocolate or white chocolate, but I could definitely taste the stabilizers here. The mixed-in cookies were great, but a higher-quality white chocolate coating would have really set them off.


The chocolate cookie was my favorite part. When I wrote about the Ben and Jerry's Pint Slices, I mentioned that I wanted them to have a layer of crunchy texture, which is exactly what Blue Bunny did with these treats. Bravo! The chocolate cookie was the perfect cookies and cream chocolate biscuit.

I'm giving these a 🍦🍦/4 rating. I actually enjoyed their small, snack-able size quite a bit, but wish the execution of the treats lived up to the concept.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd