New-to-Me Brand Alert: So Delicious Cashew Milk Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert

Man, this blog has done a poor job with the dairy free reviews. For whatever reason, I think I ate a lot more dairy free ice cream before I started blogging, so I continue to think we've reviewed more dairy free products than we have.



So I will continue to work on correcting this egregious error with a review of a relatively new product! Cashew milk is the newest non-dairy milk craze. First it was soy, then almond, then coconut, and now cashew. As each milk has risen to popularity, an ice cream has followed. To be honest, I love cashew milk. If it were a better source of protein I would drink it all the time.  I think it is so creamy and tasty. Cashews also work great for vegan desserts and cheeses, which old school vegans have known for a while. I've had cashew "cheesecake" which was pretty good and I've made a "cookie dough" cashew nut butter which was to die for. So my hopes were high for this new line of cashew milk ice cream form So Delicious, which has other non-dairy ice creams made with different bases.

I decided to begin at the beginning, with the plain Creamy Cashew flavor. If I like this one, then I'll buy more!



The description of this flavor is A gourmet delight with a touch of fair trade vanilla and a pinch of sea salt.



This flavor was the bomb. It tasted like cashew milk; so rich and creamy. Cashew milk tastes like cashews but a bit sweeter and creamier. This ice cream was even a notch sweeter and creamier. The vanilla and sea salt also gave it a bit of a cookie-like vibe. This is definitely up there on the list of tastiest non-dairy frozen desserts I've ever had.



The texture was also great. It was dense and creamy. When it was more frozen it was almost crumbly, but in a great way. When it was less frozen it was softer and creamier. Yes, you aren't exactly eating ice cream when you eat this, but what you are eating is incredibly delicious in its own way.  While I was eating this I was imagining it with a hint of cinnamon, and I imagine it would be divine. Luckily there is a So Delicious Snickerdoodle Cashew Milk flavor, which I NEED to try.



Conclusions: cashew milk might be my new favorite non-dairy ice cream base.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd