Talenti Mediterranean Mint

It feels like AGES since I've reviewed a Talenti flavor.  I've kind of stopped looking at their selection at my local Cub because it is always the same, and I just assumed I'd tried everything and would have to look elsewhere for untried flavors.  Last week, a pint of Mediterranean Mint happened to catch my eye and I realized I hadn't ever tried it!

Here's the blurb from Talenti's website:

Mint is an after-dinner staple, but our Mediterranean Mint gelato is made with fresh mint and flecks of bittersweet chocolate is so delicious, is so delicious, it's now our mandatory digestif for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and all the meals in between.


Ok, so there's some weird grammar going on here, but otherwise Talenti gets my life.  Why limit yourself to three meals a day!?

This is the most authentically mint-flavored ice cream or gelato I've tried.  It tastes like a mint leaf!  Too often mint flavors clearly rely on mint extract, giving the dessert a flat, somewhat sharp and harsh taste.  Talenti took no such shortcuts, yet managed to avoid the weird blanched and kind of disgusting flavor mint takes on when it is over-cooked or over-processed in any way.  Brava!


Even though there is no mention of chocolate in the title, this flavor has small chocolate chunks.  They're the smaller, really crunchy chocolate chunks that Talenti uses in a bunch of their flavors.  It a nice dark-but-not-too-dark chocolate that works well to mellow out the bright flavor of the mint.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd