Zesto Brownie Avalanche

If you are a Missourian, you will probably at some point find your self in the state capitol, Jefferson City. You may find that you are hungry. Obviously the solution is to eat ice cream. But where should you go? Well, we will get to that question later. For now I will only say you could go to Zesto, a local chain of fast food/drive-in type restaurants. 

On a rainy day while Brett was visiting me in Eldon, we decided to do that. After perusing the Zesto menu a bit, I decided I wanted to get a brownie Avalanche, even though I didn't know exactly what that entailed. I asked the cashier what one was and she told me it was like a Blizzard. Well I guess it is fair, get straight to the point and tell me what you guys are copying off of.  

I ordered a small brownie Avalanche, because the sizes were huge. However, I am pretty sure they gave me a regular. At first, I took this for a good omen. Pay for a smaller size and get served a bigger size? Nice! Unfortunately, this was not going to be the best ice cream day I'd ever had.

Look at this monster. And this is a regular!


The Avalanche looked pretty awesome with the crumbled up brownie on top. However, the brownie was pretty dry. The best part about the brownie was the big chocolate chips in the brownie bits every once in a while.



There was also not much brownie swirled into the vanilla soft serve throughout the avalanche. It got better as it got to the bottom, but I was pretty unimpressed. Lastly, the vanilla soft serve was kind of icy and not smooth, although it was relatively thick. 



All in all, if you are in Jefferson City and you want some ice cream, go check out Central Dairy. Or go to the Culver's down the street from Zesto.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd