Frozen Yogurt Shop Peanut Butter Cup

Guuuuuyyyssssssss. I'm so lazy. I've done seriously nothing since I finished grading finals. I finished this container of frozen yogurt at least a week ago and am just now writing about it. Uggghhhhhh, I don't even want to write this review even though I love writing about ice cream!  It's Newton's first law of laziness, yo.

But, I shall power on for you, dearest reader! The frozen yogurt I am putting off reviewing is Kemp's Frozen Yogurt Shop Peanut Butter Cup.  This is described as

Creamy chocolate frozen yogurt with thick peanut butter swirl and chunks of peanut butter cup topping.



I've seen this line of frozen yogurt around for a while, but I think it's relatively new (like at least under a year old).  I have been meaning to pick one of these up for a while, and finally got around to it.  I decided on the chocolate peanut butter because I wanted to make sure I got something Kyle would like.  Also, who doesn't love the chocolate and peanut butter combo?  Before I opened this I got super excited because I thought this product was way cooler than it turned out to be.  I though the peanut butter cups were in a separate compartment of the lid (like those YoCrunch yogurts with candy you can mix in). This would have been so cool! I would love to choose the amount of mix-in for my bowl of ice cream.  Unfortunately this was not the case, and it was more a Breyer's gelato style thing with the mix-ins on top.


Despite being slightly disappointed by the packaging, I thought this was an incredibly great product.  I don't buy a ton of frozen yogurt from the grocery store, mostly because I'm usually disappointed by grocery-store frozen yogurt.  It's often watery, icy, and tasteless.  This was not the case here.

The texture was pretty good.  It was not as creamy as ice cream and was a bit brittle, but it was definitely not icy or watery or watered-down. The chocolate flavor was pretty good.  Pretty comparable to your average Frozen Yogurt shop chocolate.  I've had better and worse chocolate frozen yogurt from shops, but never better chocolate frozen yogurt from a grocery store.


The peanut butter cups were your standard Reese's mini peanut butter cup knockoffs, with a similar chocolate to peanut butter ratio (maybe leaning a little heavier to the peanut butter side of things).

The real standout here was the peanut butter swirl.  Holy moly, this might be my favorite peanut butter swirl I've had to date.  In a frozen yogurt. Mind. Blown. The swirl was so thick. Sometimes up to an inch wide. It was pretty interesting because the swirl was way harder than the surrounding chocolate frozen yogurt, but it melted into this delicious, gooey, glue-your-mouth-shut smooth peanut butter.  It tasted almost exactly like peanut butter straight out of the jar, but a bit saltier. I loved that it was salty instead of sweet!

See the swirl in the bottom right corner!
I'll definitely have to check out more flavors in Kemp's Frozen Yogurt Shop line.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd