Central Dairy Cookies 'n Cream

Guys. I experienced an earth shattering moment while typing up the title to this post. I assumed cookies n cream was "short" for cookies and cream. In most cases, I believe that to be true. However, if you wanted to shorten and with apostrophes, you would have to write " 'n' " because you are taking off the "a" 'n' the "d", right?



But, I promise you, I typed the name of this flavor into the title exactly as it appears on the box. Cookies 'n Cream. When I typed it in I was thinking, "gosh Central Dairy is so dumb, they forgot the second apostrophe!" Then I realized, what if they didn't mean cookies and cream but they meant cookies in cream?! This distinction will become important later in my review.



The description of this ice cream is Chunks of Dark Chocolate Cookies in Our Old Fashioned Ice Cream.



I adored this ice cream. It was so simple and delicious. The vanilla base was nothing out of the ordinary. The texture was soft and fluffy and still creamy. The cookies were abundant and in big chunks. For the cookies -insert whatever word you prefer here- cream debate over big chunks versus small particles in a swirl, I prefer the big chunks. The cookies were also quite dark. They were also soft; they reminded me of the cookie of a standard ice cream sandwich. You could not want more from a cookies and cream ice cream. Except for one thing: the cream! You know how chocolate sandwich cookies are called sandwich cookies for a reason, because there is cream in the middle. Not often will you find a cookies and cream ice cream that includes cookie chunks with the middle cream. The ice creams that do, are the best.



But here is where the "and" or "in" mystery becomes important. To me, cookies and cream means chocolate sandwich cookies in ice cream. However, cookies in cream would mean something completely different. It would mean simply, cookies in cream. Like the ice cream is the cream. Merely chocolate cookies in ice cream. If this is what cookies in cream means, they Central Dairy isn't cheating me out of the full chocolate sandwich cookies experience. In fact, they are only giving me exactly what they had promised!! COOKIES IN CREAM!!!

Mind blown.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd